Positions are advertised in local newspapers and on this website under (Current Vacancies). Ads will state that an application information kit can be obtained by contacting Wangarang or downloading the kit included with the advertisement on this site;
Applicants must complete the application form and address all selection criteria in writing. All applications will be reviewed and those applicants deemed suitable are short listed and offered a face-to-face interview;
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
Applications should be submitted in the following format and include:
- A completed application form including written responses to all Selection Criteria relevant to the position
- A resume detailing your Employment History
- References and Referees including where possible at least two work related references.
- Completed applications should be forwarded to: The Human Resources Manager, Wangarang Industries, PO Box 8133, ORANGE 2800
N.B. It is an offence under the NSW Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence or a registrable offence to apply for a position.
Relevant criminal history, relevant Apprehended Violence Orders and prior employment checks, including relevant employment proceedings, will be conducted on recommended applicants.
Supported Employment - For people with disabilities
To be eligible to work at Wangarang as a supported employee you will need to:
- Have a diagnosed disability;
- Be eligible to receive the Disability Support Pension (DSP) and;
- Be capable of working a minimum of eight (8) hours per week.
- You, or your parent / carer can complete an Application for Employment Form or the agency referring you can complete an Agency Application for Employment
- Have your doctor (GP) complete a Doctor’s Report Application
- Return the completed application and medical forms to us
- When we have a position we think will be suitable, you will be invited in for an interview
- At the interview, we will arrange a time for a skills assessment in your preferred work area. The skills assessment will take between half and one full day during which time you will be assessed with regard to your suitability for the work
- At the end of the day after the skills assessment you (and, your carer / parent if needed) will meet with Wangarang’s HR Manager to talk about how you found the day
- We then negotiate suitable days and hours for you to work and a start date.